View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 12:46 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Jan – King Guy of England won a Civil War in the War of Tyranny of King Guy.

24 Feb – I am invited to a Hunt in Scotland with Duke Gospatric III and I join and head out to Scotland.

8 Mar – Travel Event – A Quarrelsome Lot – My Knight and Archbishop are having a row. I try to convince them to surrender to diplomacy which is my forte and has a 90+ chance of success, it works, I gain 75 prestige and can unlock a new Dip Trait and I take Diplomat and unlock that trait

23 May – The King of Norway lost another Civil War.

29 May – We arrive at the camp site for the Hunt!

12 June – We set out hunting for Wolves!

19 June – Hunt Event – Wildflowers – I tell Earl Aed to get back on his horse and drop relations by 10

3 July – Hunt Event – Cornering the Wolf – We corner the Wolf, it flees and we give chase

17 July – Hunt Event – It escapes

24 July – The hunt is done and I have gained the Hunter trait

1 Oct – Travel Event – Poetry People – A wandering peasant wants me to hear his latest poem, I agree. I gain the Poet trait

25 Oct – I arrive home!

30 Oct -Sway Scheme works and the Duke is at +100 relations, next is Archbishop Hrvoje

13 Nov – Hunt in Leinster back home hosted by Countess Ynes, I join

20 Nov – Duke Knutr passes!

Duchess Gudrun – Age 23, Catholic, Norwegian, relations +43, I Sway Scheme her, stats of 4/10/8/7/17, prowess of 4, Chaste, Shy, Wrathful, background of Insightful Thinker, - she isn’t great for my Council

23 Nov – Duchess Gudrun starts an Independence Faction against me

2 Dec – Travel Event – Wolf Struggle – I come across a Wolf attacking a local. I use this as a distraction to continue to Leinster – I gain 16 stress since I am compassionate,

11 Dec – We arrive at the Hunt Campsite.

14 Dec – We head out hunting a Hart

4 Jan, 1155 – Hunt Event – Softly, Softly – We agree to ambush the Hart

18 Jan – Hunt Event – The Kill – We kill the Hart!

19 Jan – Our Irish Culture discovers Motte and Baileys!

30 Jan - The Hunt is over, I lost 64 stress and gained a:

Trinket - Hart Antler - +0.06 Prestige/Month – Stress Gain - -8%, Court and Vassal Opinion +5

23 Feb – We arrive home!

7 Sept – I have more than 1k cash at 1006 – ideally that’ll be enough for a few key bribes post death.

3 Oct – I can unlock another Dip Perk and this time I take the first in the final track Family Hierarch and I get Befriend which unlocks that Scheme

It looks like the Countess of Vestr Adgir passed. Her son, Count Svein II – 36 years old, takes over and we have relations of +25 and he has joined the Independence Faction.

13 Oct – I get a missive from Norway. Remember the War Banner we stole from them in battle? The King wants to duel me to get it back. I have a prowess of 23 and he has a solid 19, so this is pretty close. I can do this or lose 450 prestige which I have more than 4k with. I do it since it’s a non-lethal battle.

Combat Begins – I am wielding Blanche’s Sword and he King Askell’s War Hammer

I start with an attack, he counters, and we are both skilled participants and we are evenly matched. The next event happens – I choose to lead with a confident attack. He counters each time pushing me back. Because I have the Hunter trait I can try and ambush him with a knife attack which I do. I launch my sword one way, when he goes to riposte I attack the other angle with my knife and he blocks but he backs up and is now on his last step and just needs finishing off. I choose to attack fast

Here's a pic of the last round:

As you can see, we won!

20 Dec – Sway Scheme with Duchess Gudrun works, I stay on her, relations of +75

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote