View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:20 PM   #338
miami_fan
Coordinator

Perfect Game banned certain sizes of the the Easton Hype Fire Bat. PG is saying it did so for safety and integrity of the game issues. Travel Baseball parents suggest other more devious reasons on social media.

I have seen the described as "hot straight out of the wrapped" and "not requiring any break-in". I have know been around youth baseball for six years. I have never heard of a bat being suspended and have no real clue what those terms mean. My "safety" assumption is this has something to do with balls coming off these bats too fast for fielders and specifically pitchers to protect themselves. My "integrity of the game" assumption is kids using this bat are having their Brady Anderson circa 1996 season.

Am I right in either of my assumptions?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote