View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 06:52 AM   #342
miami_fan
Coordinator

If it is that obvious, how are these bats allowed in the first place? I assume that there are certain specs that companies have to meet to get the USSSA, BBCOR, etc. seal of approval. I also assume these approving organization have people who test the bats to ensure the bats meet those specs. So how did this pass the tests?

A quick Google search suggest that USSSA bats are "juiced" as a standard.

Quote:
USSSA regulations are generally utilized for tournaments or “travel ball.” They provide a performance advantage over alternative options such as USA, BBCOR, and Wood Bats. Another competitive advantage provided by a USSSA bat can potentially be found in the barrel size. While USABats and BBCOR models enforce a maximum barrel diameter of 2 ⅝”, USSSA does not follow suit. USSSA models can have a barrel as large as 2 ¾” to provide a larger hitting surface and, in turn, more confidence for each player.

It is probably not appropriate to use the steroid comparison when talking about youth sports but those comparisons keep coming to mind for me. This Easton bat is too "juiced" when compared to the other "juiced" bats for a "juiced" bat seal of approval?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote