View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 10:43 PM   #20
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I still don't have a clue what Perfect Team is. I just assumed it was so sort of fantasy team offshoot of the game? Doesn't interest me in the least.

Actually the Perfect Team mode is a fantastic feat in online development. The games play out every 30 minutes or so during the week, and the playoffs happen every weekend. So you can edit your rosters and submit them anytime. You get promoted or demoted to different leagues based on your success.

The bad thing is that your team's results no longer are based on your roster management abilities, and become more about your willingness to spend more money than your opponents. You can buy packs of cards that you open , and you will get random players. Rare players are much harder to get than the entry level ones. Personally, I play games to get away from the "have / have not" thing that is real life.

My son plays a lot of FIFA, and he took $100 that he got for his birthday and dumped it all in packs. He got nothing of value. I was so angry because I worked hard to make that $100 and it was gone and was of little value to him(he sold the cards for some points). It's almost like going to Chuck E Cheese and playing games all day for tickets, and you end up with enough to buy a $0.10 plastic ring or something.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote