View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #270
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I don't know - this didn't bother me that much really. I guess I am thinking this doesn't mean so much that they are going to cut back on a certain storyline farther down the road, it's just that in the show's limited time frame they don't have the luxury of playing out the brothers' enmity for a long time as in the books, before finally revealing the cause of it. They just have to explain that kind of thing a lot earlier and straight up than the more leisurely explanation in the books.

It was the exact time in the book that the story is revealed, it is just the Hound reveals it when he walks Sansa back to her rooms. He also lets her know that it was no accident that the knight the Mountain rode against died ("my brothers lance goes where he means it to"). It is just a better scene, with secret between him and Sansa that establishes there strange relationship. I hate that it was lost.

Another little thing, when are they going to bring up Stannis? He doesn't play a role in this book, but he is pretty important in the next books. They don't mention that he went with Arryn to see the boy, and left Knights Landing after his death. I went to the family website just to make sure they didn't write him off all together. He isn't really vital now, but then neither are the Greyjoys and they spent this whole episode talking about them. At some point, it is going to be important that Robert has another brother that is older than Renly.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote