View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Single Player

-- I feel that the game is essentially 'solved' with the steals/pressing & trapping strategy. Steals and Blocks seem to be completely independent of any other defensive rating, so you can take a guy with no talent in any area(including PRD) but give him an A in Steals and make him an all-american. FBCB: Learning the System - Front Office Football Central or pretty much any successful team in our online league for examples.

-- Agree w/ Bucc on frontloading schedules. Fatigue carrying over from day to day would be big for this and could add an interesting dynamic to tournament time.

The game isn't perfect outside of that, but I personally don't have any huge preferences on what needs to be changed.

Multi-Player

-- Assistant Hiring is a huge fun-killer in multiplayer.

-- Some sort of stage management with exports to make sure that an export fits the stage its being imported for. If a user exports off of Day 1 of assistant hiring because he didn't download the updated league files, and then I import that file into Day 3 of assistant hiring, the game lets me, and the game attempts to apply hiring instructions that are no longer applicable. Hopefully that makes sense. Similar things can happen with recruiting and scheduling, exporting off an earlier file can mess up the results and goes unchecked.

-- There aren't any HTML pages dealing with preseason tournaments, conference tournaments, or the NCAA/NIT tournament. just tournament brackets would be enough I think The fact that there is nothing done for the postseason in the HTML hurts the immersion a bit.

-- Human Scheduling Weirdness/tedium - the biggest problem with multiplayer scheduling is that if UGA tries to schedule Georgia Tech to play a game on Dec 14 and Ga Tech tries to schedule UGA to play on Dec 15 in the same scheduling round, both games get scheduled and the two teams end up playing twice. It would be nice if it were easier for two human teams to schedule each other outside of the request->response over two stages deal.

-- Assistant Hiring needs a "cpu hire" team option. A coach can let the CPU do everything for them from scheduling to recruiting, but there is no way to have the CPU handle assistant hiring. So when a coach disappears for a week during assistant hiring, the only two options are to fire the head coach, or have the commish manually hire for the coach.

-- CPU recruiting needs to work a lot better. If a human coach submits an export for Recruiting Month 1, Recruiting Month two but forgets to export for Recruiting Month 3, turning on CPU Recruiting for that coach is catestrophic. The CPU doesn't build on existing recruiting actions, it deletes the entire call and contact list and starts over.

-- Depth Chart verification - There's a current bug where a team's depth chart may be incomplete/illegal going into a new season.. no starting lineup, or multiple players set to start at Center, some weird things happen. If a team in multiplayer is inactive/doesn't fully correct this on their own, the results from this end up being totally off the wall. Players will end up playing for other teams, stats get very messed up. You'll end up with guys that play 70 games a season because they're playing for two teams, etc.

The fact that so many players care so much about a game that's 6 years old now is a great testament to how good a game it is. I'd love to see what could be done in a new version
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote