View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Contemplation

Over the next few months, I’ll send my troops to their new locations. I’ll also continue to explore this area with my Conquistador.

I order colonists to E Santo.

1 July, 1630 - We get an event. The Conquest of Jerusalem. I get one extra missionary annually and 1 prestige annually. That’s awesome! What’s really cool is that I did not know you could get that!

26 August, 1630 – I actually discovered an unclaimed province adjacent to Butana – Taka. Taka has no natives, trades slaves, and is fairly poor. I’ll steer clear, but I thought it humorous that I find it here.

1 October, 1630 – I send colonists to Porto S.

16 October, 1630 – Pegu and Ming have entered into a personal union.

20 October, 1630 – I decline an alliance offer from Japan.

1 December, 1630 – We lost our other governmental advisor.

5 December, 1630 – I ask for and receive military access from Funj.

19 December, 1630 – We discovered a province to the west of Gojjam. We were attacked by natives but drove them off. Fazughli.

11 January, 1631 – NLD: Dar Nuba. Attacked again by natives.

15 February, 1631 – NLD: Kordofan. We drove off the natives.

27 March, 1631 – E Santo expanded.

1 April, 1631 – And more colonists are dispatched.

26 May, 1631. Today is a great day. Today, after preaching for over ten years, the people of Bali-Lombok have converted to Catholicism!

1 June, 1631 – I order a constable built in Bali-Lombok.

Another cardinal died. I currently control six of the seven cardinals.

30 June, 1631 – Porto S expanded.

1 July, 1631 - A sad thing happened today. We no longer accept Greek as a main culture. 

5 July, 1631 – I get a massive Boundary Dispute event, giving me a core on five Mamluk provinces, which I accept.

30 March, 1632 – E Santo expands.

1 May, 1632 – E Santo is sent more colonists. If these take, it becomes a city.

24 May, 1632 – I decline a Mamluk request for military access. Heh, let them suffer.

1 June, 1632 – I order a customs house built in Bali-Lombok.

1 August, 1632 – Our naval tech increases.

20 August, 1632 – Porto S expands.

1 November, 1632 – I send more colonists to the Porto Seguro.

29 January, 1633 – Espirito Santo exapands:

Espirito Santo - This 2031 sugar colony makes us 25.57 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

30 June, 1633 – RM: Lithuania.

30 July, 1633 – Porto S expands and more colonists are sent.

1 August, 1633 – A level two treasurer advisor (trade tech) appeared in Dongola. Capturing those lands pays off! I hire him.

1 October, 1633 – My trade tech increases.

1 November, 1633 – Where do I send my next colonists? I’m pretty much done with this area of South America. All of the remaining adjacent territory is grain or other poor trade value goods. There are some provinces that I don’t know what is in them, but my Conquistador is stuck in Africa inside a landlocked section of my territory.

Here are some ideas:

These four are older ideas, and are still available.

Tahiti – Way out in the Pacific. A nice naval base. Spice with 1000 natives of a low aggressiveness. It would take us 551 days to settle here, but there’s a 75% chance of taking initially. Tax value of 3.

Mosquito – East coast of Central America, this coffee province features 2000 natives of low aggressiveness, a tax value of two and a 69% chance of taking with our first colonists. This province is adjacent to the Mayans.

Mataram – High taxvalue of 8 meets spices meets large number of natives meets long travel time and some aggressive ness on part of natives. Already have three provinces in this area of globe (Halmahera, Taiwan and Bali-Lombok)

Mauritus – Island in the southeast Indian Ocean, sugar province with 500 natives and no aggressiveness. This colony would have a good taxvalue in 5. A 78% chance of taking with our colonists meets 483 days lead time.

I also considered this last time:

Jamaica – A wealthy taxbase (6), a wealthy crop (sugar). Mildly aggressive natives, but a quick colonization and some nearby troops can probably help with that. Already have colonies nearby (Turks Islands, Bahamas)

After consideration, I decide to go with Jamaica and send out colonists.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote