View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #213
Radii
Head Coach

-- Danijel Subotic signs his new contract, he's here for another 3 seasons. That's a very expensive deal so he needs to start scoring and playing up to his ratings!

December 28th, 2013

Oxford (13-4-6, 4th) @ Woking (7-8-8, 15th)

We lost 2-0 at their place early in the year. Oxford remain favorites at our house as well, 4:5, we're just 3:1 to grab a win. We've played Oxford 3 times, scoring only 1 goal and giving up 5, we've lost all 3.

We played two days ago so we're exhausted, lots of changes:

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Thomas/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Ademola
ST: Subotic/Harsanyi

Nikolaou and Upson will almost certainly not make it 90 minutes. Sam Sloma is avaliable for a rare appearance at DL with DC Smith hurt and limiting our back line depth. Morale is really bad, lots of "poor"

4': We earn a corner, Ademola takes it short to Thomas who passes to Upson at the 18 yard line, he has a decent look but the keeper blocks it.

5': O'Sullivan with a graet ball foward to Ademola, he's in the penalty area but the keeper closes in and forces a bad shot wide.

12': Lots of buildup sees the wide defenders forward, Ademola slides the ball down the right sideline to Ogogo who places a really pretty cross towards the far post, Jesus is there and his header is IN! I don't know how long its been since we've had a lead, holy crap what a good feeling. 1-0

23': Their top striker Taylor receives a long through ball in a decent position, Thomas has to race to get the tackle and force it behind... corner comes to nothing.

31': Harsanyi down the left sidline, a short pa into the area for Jesus, he tries a shot, blocked, the ball sits in the middle of the penalty area for a bit before being cleared behind. First corner comes to nothing. We earn a second... Good cross but their keeper just gets to it and punches it away, a deep throwin... nope we get nothing out of that stretch.

36': We counter after blocking a shot... O'Sullivan to Ademola, he has a very long run down the right side, its another well placed cross to Jesus, diving header... diving save by the keeper! So close.

HALF: We take a lead into the half for the first time in forever. Jesus has a bit of an injury which is going to hurt us b/c our first two subs are pre-determined based on our fitness. Jesus has to come out right now though, Clapham is in. I'll delay the others for a little while. Harsanyi and Williams are struggling with 5.9 ratings, A few are over 7 at the half. Each team has 7 shots but we have 3 on target to just one for them. Possession is dead even at 50%, we are not tackling well(60%) whiel they are (84%). We'll take a defensive mindset into the second half and see what happens.

55': After a throwin in our end they try to counter attack, a long ball foward to their star Taylor and he's off to the races... Williams comes in though with a really great tackle to save it.

57': Oxford with a goal but its so clearly offsides I can't even put any sort of drama behind writing about it.

63': They get a winger charging down the right side, beating multiple men including Ogogo deep in our end but he cannot put a shot on target.

67': After some buildup in midfield Harsanyi receives the ball just outside the penalty area, he turns by his man and fires a shot.. but its well wide.

72': a nice through ball leads to a dangerous shot from about 15 yards out by an Oxford attacker, his shot is parried away by Lynch and quickly cleared by Thomas.

-- After this the next 15 minutes ran off the clock without a highlight, it caught me by surprise and I was very late to get my subs in.

88': Ball in for Upson, sloma in for Nikolaou

Oxford try to attack but we make a couple key interceptions in midfield to prevent them from setting anything up.

Woking 1 : 0 Oxford

We get a desparately needed win. That ends an 8 match league winless streak.

Agogo has our assist and earns man of the match honors with a 7.9 rating. Jesus has the goal and a 7.3 rating. Nikolaou (7.7), thomas (7.1), Upson (7.0) also had noteworthy performances. Harsanyi put up a 5.9 and really struggled.

Injury

Jesus twisted his ankle and will be out for 3-4 weeks. Ugh.

-- Ogogo's morale has been way down so I'm very quick to praise his play today in the media and hopefully keep him happy.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote