View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
revrew
Team Chaplain

Commissioner James Gordon: "With the third selection of the 2025 NFL Expansion Draft, the Des Moines Dragons select … Colby Gibson, tackle, New England Patriots."

Mike Greenberg: "Gibson … is he a veteran, or …?"

Mike Mayock: "No, he's a rookie, second round pick of the Patriots."

Greenberg: "Oh! Another rookie, another second rounder. That means the Dragons have used both of their second round rookie selections – just like you predicted, Mike, starting with players they missed out on last week but have the chance to select today – but that means the Dragons are done with second rounders. Every other team in the NFL besides Washington and New England, their second round picks are safe."

Adam Shefter: "And you gotta believe there are 29 general managers around the league who are breathing a huge sigh of relief right now."

Todd McShay: "No kidding. But can I point out something? This is funny. The Dragons' first two selections were Iowa State alumni. Colby Gibson was drafted out of … wait for it … the University of Northern Iowa."

Greenberg: "What? Another Iowa player? Are you kidding me? Dragons Owner Jack Ledger is clearly looking to make a positive PR splash by grabbing players from Iowa right off the bat. Dragons fans have to be happy about this."

McShay:
"It is a curious choice, though."

Greenberg: "Let's hear more about that from Mel Kiper. Mel is standing by, ready to give us the low down on any players plucked from the rookie pool. And with Colby Gibson being taken off the board, the Dragons have used up their second-round rookie picks. Mel Kiper, what do you think of this selection?"
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote