View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 10:07 PM   #3
Critch
lolzcat

Be Prepared.

In preparation for my annual attempt to get into FHM, I've been scouring the internet for hints and, thanks to multiple posts on Reddit, I'm ready to go.

Here are the FHM "facts" that I've learned:

1. Defensemen are harder to find and more important than forwards. Forwards come and go, solid defenseman are the bedrock of a good team and should be signed up for years if possible. Get 4 or 5 better than NHL-average defenseman and your players wont be booking tee-times when the playoffs are happening.
2. Line balance is important - your scoring lines should be a scorer, a passer and a more defensive forward to cover for the other two. Defense pairings should be one attacking/one defending. Or maybe two two-way defenseman.
3. When you can’t get balance, err on the side of defensive
4. Despite what your wife tells you, size matters. Big lads are worth more than little lads, unless the little lads are elite level.
5. No learning on the job. Young players with potential are better learning their trade in the AHL, in Europe, or in the juniors. NHL roster should be NHL ready players, you can’t hide a few holes in your lineup.
6. For goalies one guy says it's better to have two passable goalies in a 1a/1b tandem than an expensive superstar and a backup, and another says you can’t win the Stanley cup without a superstar. So who knows, jury is out on fact number 6.

So with those little nuggets of knowledge, I'm ready to get underway. It's time to go through the expansion in the game, add all the new teams and AHL affiliates, run the expansion draft for the other teams then see if there are enough free agents left over for the Huskies to cobble together a roster.

So here we are. I'm not really sure why an introduction post has been split into three parts. But I did it. Three posts in and the game hasnt started yet. I wouldnt hold out much hope for post four changing that.

Last edited by Critch : 02-12-2023 at 10:22 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote