View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #339
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Joao Luis Rodrigues scored today in his first appearance for the Senior Squad for Portugal! I congratulate him on both. Jose Moreira and Costa got their first caps too!

I watch each of the scores, to see what happened. Rodrigues hit in a corner kick after the ball was tackled. I congratulate Costa too! Costa was 8.3 in his debut and Rodrigues 9.2. Sure, it was against San Marino, but I’ll take it!

Luis Martins was just called up to the Senior Squad to replace an injury to another fullback.

I hand out a fine to a player who missed training again after I gave him a warning last time.

Marcio Sousa was MOM against Poland U19.

I will be starting 19 year old Siyabulela Motloung against Iran today in the MC spot after I push my experimental MC candidate Daylon Claasen out wide to cover for a tired guy from the Uganda match. I’m leaving in DL Steven Mavimbela. Pick up where you left off! MR Claasen scores in the 28th from a pass by DR Anele. Then Rantie gets his at-least-one-score-a-game quota in the 35th. Rantie to Mphela, our other ST, for a score in the 44th. Half time. Keep it going! Mphela finds Rantie back for the favor in the 51st. I make my first subs. I sub in Mzizi and Lebese on the ML spot. A few others arrive. We beat Iran 4-0. MOM was ST Katlego Mphela. Well done!!!

Motloung, my new middie, had a 7.6 rating in his debut. Not bad kid.

At 107, Khune is the most capped player in RSA history. Ranties 36th goal is the RSA record too. And he’s just 27.

Rodrigues was an 8.1 for Portugal, Costa a 7.0, both started.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote