View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #347
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today’s qualifier against Morocco is rough. They are a very good team. But this is in our place. Can we upend them? Pick up where you left off! We begin standard. Late in the first half, DC Mathoho hits Rantie for his obligatory goal. It’s in his contract, once a game, Rontie scores. Not more, not less, just one a game like a little machine that checks the box – did you score today? Yes you did big man!

Halftime. Room for improvement! Morocco had some chances in the 1st half. I have to pull Jali, he’s tired. I probably left him in too long, but he’s Jali. MR Serero crosses pass the STs and over to the ML on the other side, my young guy, Motloung, who hits a nice shot for a goal in the71st. I sub in another youther DC for Xulu. Morocco marches back and scores off a break in the 87th. That’s not what I wanted to see. We ended up with just a 2-1 victory. MOM was Motloung, my youth guy.

ML Lebese gets the first score against Ethiopia from a Serero cross. There’s Rantie’s one goal a game in the 50th. I make some changes, some more changes, and then we win 2-0 here in Ethiopia. MOM is Thulani Serero.

In World Cup Qualifiers some news:

Over in Europe, the following teams won their Groups, and are in the World Cup:

Sweden, Serbia, Italy, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, England, France, Greece

These teams are in the Playoffs –

N. Ireland, Croatia, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Holland

These teams of note were knocked out:

Ireland (just one point behind Holland), Turkey (just one point behind Poland), Switzerland,

Iceland barely missed out – by TWO points beneath Belgium. I would have given my right nut to see Iceland make the World Cup. Ah well.

Hojbjerg scored twice for Denmark yesterday.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote