View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Totally agree that this is awful. That being said, I read an article that mentions this towing company has been accused many times of towing cars unnecessarily, waiting in parking lots to snipe cars, towing cars that had been parked for less than five minutes, etc.

Doesn't excuse this behavior, but makes you wonder what actually happened.
This is exactly what happened in my case. My wife parked next to a restaurant where her brother worked. The tow company had a "lookout" for the group of restaurants there and tipped them off that she got a soda at Jack-in-the-Box across the street. Which she did, right before heading into the restaurant to see her brother. So, the tow company came and took her car. Once she found out, the owner of the restaurant called the tow company and said she was a legit customer. Their response was "Sorry, its already been towed".

So, at that point, I had to pick her up, drive into the hood of South Phoenix and pay the $150 "ransom" for her car. Not exactly the best situation for you to be filmed, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Not sure specifically what you may have said. I have certainly expressed frustration in the past where I'm sure I looked like an ass. There's a huge difference though in my mind when you go to some pretty vile personal attacks.
I don't think I would have ever made comments about the person's appearance like Britt did - that was pretty tasteless. Plus, there are plenty of things you can say regarding their predatory extortion business practices that would have been completely legit. But, you never know how people react when they lose their cool in a bad, somewhat private, situation. I think it's an indication of poor character for her to respond the way she did, but I don't like the precedent of having every angry/frustrating situation being filmed. But, I guess that's the world we live in.

Last edited by Arles : 04-17-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote