Thread: American - 2016
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just had an infuriating game...

We start off with great defense and hold them to a 3 and out. Our young scrambling QB makes big plays and drives us down the field but we stall inside the 5. We try to run it in from the 1 on 4th down and fail to convert. But, backed up, we easily force a 3 and out. Unfortunately, next play our QB throws a wild pass that is picked off. Our defense holds but they flip the field. 0-0 at the end of 1.

In the 2nd quarter, they strike first and take a 7-0 lead.

We methodically march down the field and this time our young QB keeps it and runs it in from the 3. He had a nice day rushing with over 50 positive yards but the sacks negated most of that yardage.

Anyway, our defense holds. And our QB marches us down the field and fakes running it in but throws a quick pass for a 3 yard TD to give us a 14-7 lead as the half expires.

I'm feeling good as we get the ball back in the 2nd half.

We are marching down the field and then the QB nano blitzes us! Boom, sack. Boom sack. Boom sack. Crazy. We have to punt.

They march down the field until their HB breaks about 5 tackles and takes it 43 yards for a TD.

Our next drive, our star QB gets hurt!

Our backup can't do much but we get inside the 10. We go for a short FG and it hits the upright!

Our defense holds but their defense does as well.

We are tied at 14 midway through the 4th.

Then, they just start marching down the field. They score with Ronnie Kemp and it is 21-14.

Our star QB comes back from is injury and is brilliant and leads us to a very quick TD. 21-21.

Their backup QB is in the game now and they are throwing it a lot for the first time all game. 3 quick passes... then the biggest BS pass. I had their receiver surrounded with 3 guys.. the ball goes right through my linebacker's hands. My CB just looks at it. My S hits the guy... and he hangs on for a 39 yard catch that puts them inside our 20. They run down the clock and score with 50 seconds left.

We aren't defeated yet though. Our star QB leads us down the field.. then he has a wide open star TE who has been our best receiver... he throws... it hits the TE right in the hands... and bounces off his hands up in the air... and their linebacker dives and catches it just before it hurts the turf for the game sealing interception!!! Ugh! So frustrating. We lose to Vicksburg 28-21.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote