Old 01-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #163
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: yanksare

May 2021

Inside a Miami Subs
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

You want anything Frank?

Nah, I’m going to get Mexican in awhile. You go ahead though.

Mexican, whew. Last time I had a burrito I had the Woffords all night. Anyway, I talked to Tudor today. He said I could have the job if I wanted it.

Do you really want it? Wouldn’t it be nice to cover Chuck and watch the Tide grow into their potential?

Part of me thinks so. But I gotta tell you Fred, even though I hate Victory more than I can put into words, we are connected in some strange astrological way. It’s almost like a yin/yang deal.

Where do you come up with this junk? Don’t you ever just speak like a normal person?

Sorry. You’re right. I just get so worked up when I think about him.

What did happen?

You mean I haven’t told you. Well it goes way back to Charleston. He was coming over to coach from Central Florida and I had just come back into the States from coaching in a semi-pro league in Italy. Anyway, ...

Wait a minute. You really did coach. I thought that was just bs in your column. Ya know, like a writer taking dramatic license or something.

No, I really did. Played in that same league for a few years after graduating from a small division II school in Florida. Anyway, so this is what happened...

Dude, aren’t you that dude that writes? The Sheik?

Uh, no. Actually I do write, but I go by the Sheriff.

Right. The Sheriff. Yeah, you suck. All you did was bitch and complain about the one coach who got us a NCT championship and now look what happened.

Look, I’m sorry you feel that way but I’m sorta in the middle of lunch with my friend. So if you wouldn’t mind, please excuse us as we were just leaving.

Don’t worry kid. The Sheriff is leaving town and the Round Mound of Rebound is going lead Bama all the way again.

Round mound of rebound. WTF? Did you make that up? That’s cool.

Uhh, yeah. I just thought of that. Pretty good huh? See ya kid.

Ok, I gotta go home and pack. I’ll email my columns from Raleigh. Thanks for listening Frank.

But you didn’t finish telling me about you and Victory. What caused all the hostility?

Oh yeah, I’ll email ya. It’s quite a story.
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote