View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #168
devynd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarheel View Post
Steve Victory JOURNAL Season #4 (2006-07)
The Cougars brim with confidence three nights later as they visit Raleigh, N.C. for a showdown with N.C. State. Both teams are 4-1. State is ranked #25 in the nation. Charleston is supposed to be an easy victim on "Throwback Night" – the one game of the year the Pack plays in the old Reynolds Coliseum (they now have their own 21,000-seat arena).

Victory’s bunch dreams of playing spoiler on the court where folks like David Thompson, Thurl Bailey and Jim Valvano once roamed but loses a hard-fought contest 73-62. Victory doesn’t feel so bad. He finds himself dreaming of coaching in the ACC one day as his players board the bus for home. "Though I grew up a Tar Heel fan, if this job ever comes open I’m going for it," Victory tells an assistant…

How about that?

It does remind me of a question, though: Miami is referred to as Victory's alma mater, yet the intro to the story says he went to a Division II school. Not that Victory's loyalty has never been questioned before, but what's the story there?

Also, you list 2007 as having unknown champions, but according to your writeup of the season, Mississippi State won the championship and Ole Miss won the "ACT" (though not with a score of 36).

I look forward to the rest of the story. It's amazing that Victory spent a whole 12 years at Alabama; maybe he'll actually stick around N.C. State for a while. But I guess you already know the answer to that.
devynd is offline   Reply With Quote