View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #181
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – The Final Four 2025

Victory and lead assistant Jeff “The Sheriff” Wilt walk onto the floor at America West Arena donning their Sunday best – Armani suits and fire red ties. They scan the crowd and take it all in. They’re coaching N.C. State in the 2025 Final Four!!

Thousands of fans, most in red, wave flags, do the wave, show off their painted chests and generally go wild. This is going to be fun.

“Glad you’re here, buddy,” Victory says to his assistant coach. “And glad you’ve still got time to write occasionally. You’re hilarious. I secretly enjoyed your columns when I was at Alabama, although I had to act peeved every time one of them about me and my program ran. You turn a phrase well, my friend. Is it true you were also called ‘The Sarge’ earlier in your career, and that you wrote about Army basketball?”

“Hey, isn’t that Lianne Perry up there in the stands?” The Sheriff asks, changing the subject. “It’s amazing how much she looks like that old Quinnipiac coach Daniel Rand-Stevenson.”

OK enough chit-chat. On to the game!

State only has the edge at the guard positions against Colorado, according to prognosticators. The Buffs sport a 28-8 record, and apparently a great post game.

Alas, the Pack’s guards run circles around the boys in black and gold! State grabs a 48-27 halftime lead and coasts into the national finals 78-56. Shooting guard Andre Baker scores 19 points. Point guard Michael Stokes adds 18. Jon Henry, Deon Brown and Ricardo Merton all add 10 points.

More couches go up in flames on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh. Pack fans are burning down everything in sight – and no one cares! Their beloved Wolfpack will play for a national championship on Monday night – against Oklahoma. The Sooners bombed Wake Forest 78-69. State will need to get past its third Big 12 team to cut down the nets…
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote