View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #210
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I get it. I understand the reaction.
I also know Chad Morris.

He doesnt have players at all for his system.

Chandler will not be the starting QB there. He will probably be the holder. This is straight out of the Swinney playbook that Chad is copying. Scholarships to all assistant coaches kids. It promotes the family atmosphere, and serves to lock in valuable assistants as well. Gene Stallings' grandson is on scholarship at Clemson and the Chariman of BOT son just graduated off scholarship. Swinney's own son is on scholarship. D-Coord Bren Venables sion is on scholarship. etc.

Regarding whether his offense will work against Bama, LSU, et al.
In his time at Clemson he was 3-0 against Auburn. 1-0 against LSU. And his offense was the basis for the 1-1 and NC against Bama.

His spread, power, up tempo has been the traditional Achilles heel for big defenses. Its what lead Mullen to be the most successful against Saban among all the SEC coaches of recent.

I know Morris told friends after his first week of Arkansas practices that he had 10+ starters from last year's SMU team that would start for this team. I have heard that he privately has told the AD that this would be a bad year. A 3-5 win year.

Make no mistake, losing to NT is never acceptable when you are Arkansas. I get that. Never. But the cupboard is pretty bare.

If I am wrong roast me in 5 years. But I'll double down on winning the SECW in the next 5.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 09-17-2018 at 01:05 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote