View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #347
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My only changes to my starting 11 is to bring back Koke after resting. I pulled my tired people early last game ,and I also am starting a few people, like Morata, with a 90% condition. But this is the World Cup, and that’s Italy across the room, so we’re running the normal starting squad here.

For Spain!

Wow, I was expecting a match that would be…interesting. At the 33rd minute, we have 2 shots, 1 on target. So does Italy. We have 52% possession, 3 fouls each, 2 to 1 corner, and we have fewer passes completed but more headers made. This is not a fun game. Come on now. Let’s stop playing footsie and start playing football!

Vallejo gets a card. Italy with one. Half.

I am far from pleased with that!

Still boring.

In the 60s we are building momentum. I sub in Corral for Gaya and Thiago for Mata. I’m trying everything I Know. Work the ball into the box! Use whipped crosses! And then the magic happens. In the 84th, Asensio is dribbling hard and fast down the right flank - two defenders mark him. He pulls up and passes to Morata. Everyone knows who Morata is and his legacy. So they are marking him tightly. No space for a shot and he’;s outside of the box. So he feeds the pass between defenders to Alfredo, who squirts free from his marker to grab the ball. He fires, and that’s goal. Darder for Koke. Cecchi gets a yellow card on my team in the 89th. 2 minutes of stoppage time. I have slid to counter, tight marking, and low tempo. . De Gea sniffs out a counter and ends it and launches the ball to Thiago for our use. Great cross by Morata and a shot by THaigo on target, pursued aside for a corner. One minute done. 30 seconds….Game! MOM is Asensio

Now lest you think we didn’t earn that win. We pulled ahead in the second half:

15 shots/ 6 on target to their 8 and 2
56% possession us
11 corners to their 1
11 fouls to their 16
72% passes completed to their 62
72% tackles won to their 78%
64% headers to their 58
1 yellow to their 2
7.08 rating to their 6.76

We won every category but tackles, with a strong second half. We earned this win.

I have some tired folks We may have to make some subs and changes later

Ecuador over Colombia 3-1

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote