View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #242
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Kimbo is what he is. I dont have any reason to knock him. He works hard and is trained by Bas, so he is on the right track. The guy doesnt have much of a wrestling or Jits background, its just going to be a long time(if at all) before he has the skills to compete with top tier fighters. Im not going to hate him just because EliteXC is using his name to make money.

Quote:
Coincidently all three of these decisions went in favor of their 3 golden gooses.

I dont understand this. Carano was beating Young badly, I have no problem with decision. Lawler was on his way to victory, that stoppage didnt help him at all. Kimbo is the only one I can agree with. You had to know going into this that they werent going to let the fights get very bloody.

Quote:
I didn't think it was a good showing. Each fight was basically stand up. There was no wrestling, no submissions and very little ground and pound (only Slice fight). This event was not a true showing of MMA. If this organization is going to be used to grow the sport, then they need to display better matches.

Well we all knew this going in. The card was setup to be a bunch of striking. They got exactly what they wanted. Knowing that going in, I enjoyed the card. Baroni/Villasenor was probably the only match that underpreformed.

I just hope they dont feel the need to keep trotting out Kimbo every time they are on CBS. There are several good matches they can put out there now. The Lawler rematch should have some hype. Carano always puts on a great show. Shamrock did very well commentating, so he should draw interest. Chung Le is a another guy they can throw out there that will be very entertaining to the masses.

IMO, Jason Miller is one guy that would turn into a huge star if put on network TV.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote