View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #441
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Question

The Turn 10 deadline is not yet in force.

Some changes in the wind:

• I’m not happy with the Harrrrr! rating and pirate reputations, so that will be reworked. Right now I’m tinkering with x reputation points for various successful actions (i.e., 1 point per guano ship taken, 2 points per food ship taken, 0.1 point for every gold piece earned, etc.) with a running total for each pirate. Any tie-breaker situations using reputation would use this number with a random element added in, such as (x+d10). Accumulating reputation points will also be the means to improve ratings (or “level up”).
• The length between Drunken Debaucheries will no longer be tied to reputation. Also, I’m going to add the ability to “buy off” the crew and postpone the next drunk.
• Cargoes will no longer be listed with a (g), which is confusing. They will instead be listed with a (t) to indicate that their value will be multiplied by a trade roll to determine their final worth. Example: [3t guano] Likewise, hostages will be listed with an (h) since ransom values are not tied to trade ratings. Example: [8h hostage].
• I like the random events and will increase their frequency from up to 20% chance per pirate per turn. Basically, if the d10 roll is a “1” than it’ll be a negative event, and if it’s a “10” it’ll be a positive one.
• Pirates who are “lost at sea” will no longer be permanently lost unless there is a pirate on the waiting list. However, bad things will tend to happen to pirates who miss turns.
• Any other ideas or suggestions? Things you particularly like or dislike?