View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Porto thumps Maritimo in their place 5-1. That may be the sort of game that will come back to bite them. That opens a window. With a game behind, Sporting in 3rd and us in 4th can move ahead of Maritimo, in 2nd, with a win. I’m just hosting 11th place Olhanenese. Sporting has Aves, so we can both easily win today.

We have Stuttgart 4 days later, so I make a few modifications to the roster. Cenk Tosun is an experiment I am calling done, so Djaniny is back. In five appearances, Cenk has a 6.69 rating, 1 goal, no assists, and some of those were against low ranking teams. So this is DJ’s party again. I need my backup Striker to do better than that. I will be starting Miguel Rodrigues instead of Andrei Marc. Freire is out for Hernani Costa. Did you know that Costa isn’t even 17 yet? (he turns in a few days) I expect much better – begin controlling. Rondon launches a beautiful pass to Djaniny who sinks it in the 5th minute. Called offsides. Later on, Djaniny finds Defederico for a score to give us a lead at the 31st minute. We’ve been knocking on the door for a whil,e it was time to let us in. Keep it up in the 2nd half, there’s room for improvement! Quiet second half. We dominated the stats, but no more scores are had. So we won 1-0. I might have preferred a bigger win, but we’ll take it. MOM is Defederico. We got away with that one. They agree,

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote