View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Skolnik is in the Team of the Week. Stuttgart was assigned to play against Tottenham, and lost the first leg 3-0. Sporting beat Maritimo here in Madeira and made it a lot harder for me to cross them and finish 2nd.

Our away match today against Braga is the last major test of the season. After this we had 8th place Rio Ave, 12th’s Vit Setunbal and 10th Academica. Braga is a tough opponent, and we have them on the road. Benfica won before our game. So we have a game in hand, and we dropped to 4th. Lose to Braga and we remain in 4th. Win and we keep pace with the others teams. Tie, and we’ll jump above Benfica to regain 3rd, but getting 2nd will become a lot harder. I begin defensive. Shoot, we just beat Sporting 4-1 in their place defensive. No reason not to think it won’t work here. Pick up where you left off! Freire gives away a PK in the first 5 minutes. They make it. That sucked. That needs to be the only goal they score tonight. Skolnik scores just before the half off a Defederico pass and its all tied up. Things are looking good for the second half, which is rather boring, until their offense begins to pick things up in the 80s. Then they manage to score at the 89th minute and win 2-1. That’s not good. Skolnik was MOM.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote