View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of our scouts retires too. I sign Jermaine Beckford, newly retired Jamaican international, as my new scout to replace him. We have increased our stature to 5th in the Portuguese football after winning the Taca and doing well in the league.

Alright, tomorrow, June 29, we have some staff leaving. We were the biggest overachvers in the first league this year. Mario Rondon was voted Player of the Year again by our supporters.

The 30th has arrived. I keep the Euro Cup challenge that is expected of me. We got 2.46M for Premier League TV Rights. 10 players and staff were released today by us.

Reginaldo who had asked to be transferred, wants to come back.

I hold up, staff time

I make an offer to a good Argentina scout named Diego, and Scottish Joe McLaughlin, as well as Swiss Maheta Molango and French Jonathan Tehoue. Apparently I’m allowed to sign more folks now!

I make an offer to Keith Andrews, Irish International star, to be my Director of Youth Development.

I make an offer to current player Dario Veron, Paraguayan international stud, to be my new Assistant Manager for one year, I really like him.

I make some more coach offers.

I find a studly coach for fitness training. A decent Welsh guy for tactics. And an adequate shooter and attacker.

What do I do with Reginaldo? I take a look to see if anyone I care about was just cut from their teams across Europe. There are some that would obviously never, ever sign with us, like Arjen Robben, Michael Essien or Kaka. Actually, hold up. Kaka is retiring. Could I sign him as a staff and then ask him to relent, and play for another year? That’d be crazy.

So what about some youth players? Any good prospects? There’s a pretty good GK out there, American Fabian Ruiz, unsigned, 21. He was scouted by my N. American scout. But I have my GK of the future ,maybe, already. There’s a nice Middle, Filipe Augusto, Brazilian 21, who is willing to do a rotation contract. He played for Rio Ave for two years, and then was purchased for 275k by a Brazilian club. Now he’s out of contract. I put him on my short list, but a lot of Portuguese folks like him.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote