View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trial Day is tomorrow, I look at the 34 players expected to participate. Wow, there’s another, decent, guy, 16 year old DR Paulo Franco. He plays the DR and DL. 15 work rate, has unusual jumping and heading for his potion (15/12), and 11 mark, 9 pass, 8 cross, 9 tack, 9/11 speed, etc. I offer him a deal right now.

Who else? He’s the only one I sign. There are a few I’d pick up or consider if this was year 1, but we are passed them now.

We’ll have two friendless on the road against Mallorca and Tenarife. DR franco signs with us.

We have arrived on the beautiful area of Mallorca for our friendly today. We’ll be defensive. Luis Martins scores in the 13th minute off a Skolnik corner kick. We have a decently quiet 1st half for a while until both sides get pressure late. Our set piece goal remains the only score on the first half. Keep it up! I make subs early in the 2nd half. In goes F Castro for Dj and Espinosa for Skolnik. Aurelio out for Rodrigues. A Lucas Castro goal aided by Rondon is called off. But Francisco Castro fires one through the GK for a score in the 57th. H Costa heads in for Freire. F Castro gets another score of a Luis Martins IFK. We need to look up Martins as my new set piece guy. He’s gotten a header in off a corner, kicked a DFK in, and assisted on an IFK for a score. I put in Agra, Moussa Diallo, in order to give us some more youth/experience. They score off a cross and powered ball in the 76th minute. Diallo picks up a knock and I sub in Sequeira. Candeais finds Javi on the other side for a score in the 90th minute. We win 4-1. Nicely done. MOM is Francisco Castro.

I move Francisco to the starting spot. No changes to the size of the pitch.

I offer Ali on a transfer. I have a nice ML/AML Luis Carlos, I link him to Lucas Castro for tutoring.

We arrive at Tenerife. We lose 1-2/

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote