View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time for today’s home match vs our rivals, Maritimo. I slide Djaniny into the starting role again. I think we’ll begin with a normal, standard set up, no changes or anything. I want to see what we can do with our normal skills and instructions. We’ve had some early pressure and good D, but have not been able to convert it to anything on the scoreboard. They have been hammering Aurelio, but I will keep him in through half time. Finally we manage to score, Rondon was given a nice pass in the box by Candeais and Lucas Castro is driving on a running attack to his left He hits Lucas who scores in the 29th. We get close again on a Skolnik cross to Rondon’s who’s header is just off target. Then they get a lazy score just before the half. Our Gk was in position, the ball was not hit with a lot of spice and from distance, but he couldn’t get to it in time. Not a good sign. Could age be catching up with Perrata? Half time. I’m far from pleased with you! Lucas Castro finds Djaniny on an attacking run as well and Dj scores in the 52nd to put us in the lead. Keep possession time. I sub in Javi for Candeais and swap him with Lucas Castro. They collect a yellow. My next sub is Mexer in for Andrei Marc, and then swapped with Strandberg. Rodrigues comes in for Martins, and I pull back to countering to help with increased pressure from Maritimo to score in the 80s. We’ve had a few chances to get that third goal. A header by Rondon, a shot by Dj, and a few others. They score, but its waived offside in the 90th minute. They get another yellow and its time. We win, 2-1, against our rival. 2-1 wins must be our new thing. Well done lads!

Sequeira comes to me upset at his lack of first team, I tell him, frankly, he’s only a backup, he can’t expect to be a starter, and surprisingly, he agrees. One of my favorite international players, El-Hadji Diouf, who was a rock for my Senegalese team back when I ran their national side, is available (age 34) on a free. He’s no longer my level of guy, but I throw him on my shortlist just to follow him.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote