View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #196
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today we’ll find out if we have any shot of making it out of the Group Stage of the Champions League. Valencia have Zenit in their place, and we have Bayern in ours. If we can steal three points, we still have a shot, especially if Zenit rise to the occasion and perhaps tie Valencia. I don’t think it would happen, but if we can’t take any points from today’s match, we have no chance of getting out – we are too far behind. We have Bayern here in Madeira, this is our last chance to steal something at home. We’re starting the full team, both Castros, Skolnik, Marc, etc. we begin and whoa! We just scored in the 2nd minute! Lucas Castro hits Franny Castro for a score on a break away opportunity. Nice start! But they level it just 11 minutes later in the 13th. Powerful cross. I move to hassle and mark more, hoping to push them off the ball. Candeais collects a yellow, but then Marc goes in to tackles and tears himself up, I pull him for Mexer. Half time, 1-1. I swap out Candeais early in the 2nd half and then I put in Javi for a tired Aurelio. They score in the 77th minute after I was trying to turtle up and keep us alive. I emerge from our shell. Then they give us a penalty after fouling Lucas Castro in the box. Rondon steps up and….sinks it in the 87th minute! We are tied. Can we keep them from scoring again? Can we score again? We just had another attack by Skolnik headed over for a corner. Corner is dispersed. We tied them 2-2. Great result folks!

Although we made 500k for the draw, Valencia won, so that ends any chance of that. Andrei Marc will be out for 3-4 weeks with a thigh strain from the game. I’ll start either Mexer or Costa, and then move Strangberg to the DMC Spot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote