View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Get us revenge today against Braga! Since we are at home, we’ll start out with a standard tactic, and work from there. Martins will be back for his first game since the injury. Have you ever had one of those games where nothing literally happens the entire game., and then all, of the sudden in the back 10 minutes it explodes? Well, that just happened for us. The entire game was 0-0. Then in the 80th minute I decided to just push it and go to attacking. I had made some changes, let’s go full throttle. Suddenly, we look like a real team. Lucas Castro finds Rondon for a score to break this annoying tie in the 84th. Then, in the 89thafter I’ve moved back to counter, Skolnik’s corner kick bounces around a bit, springs back to Candeais, who puts it away. Then Franny Castro is driving, fouled in the box, and Rondon sinks a PK in extra time. And a game that was 0-0 at the 83rd minutes turns into a 3-0 throttling of Braga. Mom was Rondon.

This game was Daniel Candeais’s 125th game. Strandberg in Team of the Week.

Get us revenge today too, against a certain Valencia, on the road against them with our defensive attempts. Again, a quiet game for us. They are up 3-0. We even gifted them with an OG by Peratta. Then in the 76th, Skolnik scores after shooting and following with a rebound. 2 minutes later, Hernani Costa lifts a nice through ball to Rondon who runs with it and scores. No more scores though. A close game at the end, 3-2. Can’t fault ya for effort.

We are officially out of the Cup. We have a game left though. Several players from Valencia came to the media complaining about how their manager treated them in the locker room post-match.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote