View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Athletic Club Bilbao, who fired their manager, have asked me to interview for the position. They are disappointed with their 10th place spot right now. It would be nice to upgrade from Portuguese Football to Spanish, especially since my original idea was to play Spanish ball.

I do like some of Bilbao’s history. If I were to jump to a non-island club in one of these leagues, the Basque one does have some things to offer. It’s got to be an easy team to scout for – are you Basque? Come play for us! If not, go away.

While looking over their club, I find a nice Basque youther they have and scout him out even more. He looks tantalizing…

I make an enquiry

I head to the interview. The owner sits me down to discuss things. I agree with European Qualification. 1-4 are in the Champions, 5-7 in Euro. We’re in 10th right now, out of20 clubs. We are a rich club, with a ton of money – 12.5 mill in transfer dollars. We’re only 3 points from 7th after 14 games.

I decide not to pursue the job. I am making a ton of progress in Portugal, and I don’t want to leave that behind. Right now, in the 1st 10 games (1/3 of the season over) I’m sitting in 1st, tied with Benfica with 25 each and a +2 GD over them.

I get back the enquiry over that nice Basque youth player, they say they are not interested. He looks a bit wonderkid-ish.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote