View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #17552
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That is my second biggest fear, just a little below him actually winning re-election.

I was discussing this with my wife yesterday because of the comments Trump made about staying in the White House. She isn't at all politically active, but even she hates Trump and sees him for what he is.

I was explaining to her how serious even a comment like that is and how desensitized we have become to his rhetoric. She took the attitude of "no way" that would happen. I told her 40% of the country would support it, and these are the things civil wars are made of. I explained that there is nothing more dangerous for a nation than a questioned leader, especially if the person who lost the election is refusing to give up power. I told her it is plausible Russia and China could team up and destroy, if we have civil unrest no way we could defend ourselves against those super powers, and given Trumps tactics our traditional allies wouldn't come to our rescue.

She basically dismissed it as not being able to happen. I think this kind of complacency is what could potentially doom us. I am far from a conspiracy person, but I think there is a legitimate shot we find ourselves in a really bed situation whenever Trumps run ends.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote