View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EURO 2nd Leg Away vs Rapid Wien – I begin countering and Jungr is out for Kona. Wohlfarth to Dodoi, goal, 3:44 mark! That’s a good way to start because I need to RAIN goals. We are now tied 3-3 but losing on away goals. Milovac is banged up but I’ll keep him in. I need quality and my backup is Chovanec. They score in the 16th and even things up. By the 30th minute they have 13 shots to our 3. I doubt we are winning this. I doubt we are trying this. Milanovic finds Wohlfarth on a break for goal in the 38th and we are ahead 2-1. We are tied again but losing on away goals. Another goal? That’d be fun. Half. Don’t get complacent! I send in Chovanec for Milovac. Pinter for Bilbao. I need to get another goal. There it is!!! In the 77th minute Ederson pounces on a tackled ball from a deep indirect free kick and scores. We are now up 3-1 and 5-4 aggregate. If they score in the next fifteen minutes then we are tied on away goals and we’ll head to extra time. One more goal solidifies it. Right now we have 6 shots to their 22 so I doubt another goal is happening. I hold onto my 3rd sub as everyone is playing well and I want to save it for extra time if needed. 3 minutes of injury time. Can we hold?

We do!!!

A 28 shot game by my foe held to 1 goal. Nice job Gk Javi! We are through! MOM is Wohlfarth.

Milovac is out for 2 weeks and Chovanec will start for him.

We made an impressive 2.6 million for making it to the Group Stage!

Our group

EURO Group E

Dynamo Kiev - Ukraine
BATE - Belarus
Nitra – Slovakia, Us
Torino - Italy

That could have been worse. We have one major club and two other Eastern European folks. After getting through a heavyweight of the region with Rapid Wien, we shouldn’t be looking askance at BATE or Dynamo Kiev. I could come out 2nd.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote