View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #55
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

The Yellows took the well-rounded Forrest Foltz with their 3rd rounder (as seen at the end of the Round 2 post)

The Blues are on the clock again.

With their first 2 picks invested in the top QB and OL, it makes sense to continue to capitalize on the passing game, and take the speedy WR/RB Young Thurston

The Reds are up next.

This is an interesting pick for the Reds. They already have a star LB/CB and a 2nd star CB. They could build a formidable secondary by taking the star S Aponte or CB Healy. They could also start developing some defensive balance by taking some high end DL talent like Wicks or Flanagan. I don’t think they could go wrong with any of these guys. In the end, I think Arturo Aponte is too elite to pass up.

Now the Greens are up!

I really want to take Dick Klinger (hehehe) with this pick, but he’s just not talented enough. This really isn’t that hard of a pick. Nicky Tolliver is by far the #1 RB in the draft. Even though I wasn’t planning on having a running offense, you can’t pass him up in the 3rd round. Besides, he could fill in as a 2nd DL/S, depending on how my roster ends up.

Now the Pinks.

The Pinks already have a LB/WR and DL. The top-end CB skill, combined with some ability to play on offense, makes Sterling Healy a great fit for the Pinks.

Now for the Purples back-to-back picks.

These are going to be easy picks. The pure speed of Hong Lanlois at the OL/DL position is going to be potentially engine breaking. They are going to use their 4th rounder on the lines also, and pair him up with Thanh Wicks.