View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 08:02 PM   #468
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My biggest regrets in this dynasty that I would have done differently -

In order:

1. Fought and annexed Sirius and Procyon from the Sirian Holds - Because they were deep into their anti-intellectual status when I engaged them, I didn't want to commit to ground game after winning the naval ones. I should have because due to their war crimes a Marik unit from Sirius took them off the board in 3058. They were the first planets in the Chaos Reach to wind back up in a major house. Procyon has a major military factory run by Earthwerks and both are positive economic contributions. On Procyon, Brigadier used to have a mech factory that was taken over by Earthwerks.

2. Grabbing Ruchbuh. - This border on CC world makes an epic ton of VTOLS from Michaelson Heavy Industries the biggest maker of VTOLs in the inner Sphere. For example, it has the Yellow Jacket, a Gauss rifle bearing VTOL. We don't have any VTOL makers in our industrial military complex. The 3rd Davion Guards were on the D, they were an RCT (1 regiment of mechs, 2 of tanks 5 of infantry) that were so damaged in Operation Bulldog that they were almost ruined as a unit and weren't a priority during the Civil War and they suffered many losses over three strait years of fighting, so assume they half around 40-50% battle strength in 3065 or 66 or 67 now and that's around 55 Mechs, 100 tanks, and some infantry. One of our elite regiments with a backup battalion like Lindon's as reserve and as garrison fodder along with Legion of the would have won it for us pretty easily. I also could have added a VOTL training section to the Essex Training Academy. Adding in Earthworks and Michaelson would have been huge adds.

3. Not Annexing the Saiph Triumvirate - It wouldn't have been hard, and they weren't off the board until the Jihad absorbs them into the Blake Protectorate in 3068. Tao Mechworks has a branch on Tall Trees (Tao Optics) but we don't know what it makes. On Saiph is Sitwell Corporation. They had just a company or two per world, so just one battalion of troops all at the same time would have brought them in.

4. Colony - Also, there was a great colony for people that we never went back to and after the success of Asmodeus, that would have made sense. Also I said in the comments, this is perfect, we'll get back to it, but it was in my first explorations and much time and deep diving into assaults and defenses continued and I forgot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-18-2022 at 12:28 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote