View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 05:44 PM   #7261
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think it comes down to what you mean by "not valuing the lives of people" you strongly disagree with.

Not valuing = "not really caring what happens" sure, I agree with your statement in this case Covid deniers, pro-anti-abortion. But not valuing doesn't mean I'm going out of my way to beat them up, persecute them etc.

My example I would use is the folks that fly the wingsuit close by cliff faces, mountain ranges etc. I'm good with them doing their YOLO, but if they went smack against a mountain, I'm pretty sure I won't feel any sympathy for the deceased. They pushed the boundaries of common sense IMO, more power to them, but I'd rather give my sympathies (and energy) to what I consider "real" causes.

This makes sense. And like I said in my first post on the topic, my concern over this is smaller than the words I'm giving it to be sure, but I do find it to be an interesting conversation nonetheless. Your explanation in your first reply to me also makes sense. For me, I just wouldn't post anything, if I did, that signals with intention that it does matter enough to me to put some energy and thought into, so that neutrality option is pretty much gone. But it's not the same case for you, so that's cool. Uh, I hope that makes sense hah.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote