View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 06:00 PM   #7264
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I may be wrong but don't think above bolded is correct. Let's use an extreme use case ... I don't think cannibalistic serial killers (looking at you Jeffrey Dahmer) deserve basic equality and dignity post-cannibalistic murders. They have done something that goes beyond the pale and don't deserve basic equality and dignity.

I assume even with what I consider the worse case (that I can think of) you do believe Jeffrey Dahmer is deserving of "of equal value, that they have as much dignity & humanity as we do, etc".

I feel sympathy here. Sympathy for a broken human being. I really don't believe that many people are simply independently and inherently evil. With many serial killers there is a fucked up backstory of abuse. That doesn't justify anything that these people do, and they deserve their consequences, but there is still in almost all cases a situation worthy of some sympathy, and a regret that a human life went down such a horrible path.

Of course it's not equal compared to the victims of this person, but it's absolutely there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote