View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 12:51 PM   #7293
molson
General Manager

Every time I see a local news article on facebook about a murder, or a fatal car crash, there will be comments saying, "tomorrow he'll be counted as a COVID death". Trump fueled this, he says at rallies that doctors get paid several thousand dollars every time they declare someone dead of COVID.

I wonder if these people were always around and they just have more of a voice, like everyone has a worldwide voice now about their politics, opinions on movies, how they're generally just smarter and more enlightened than anyone else. Having that voice just increases people's confidence that their opinions matter. I know in 2012 there were a lot of bots spreading this kind of thing, but there are plenty of genuine ones as well. Every once in a while I run across one that has a mutual friend on facebook.

I think these people were around all along. I do remember hearing stuff like this sometimes from friends' parents from time to time in the 80's, and around some of the soup kitchens and other community service stuff my father would manage and make me volunteer at occasionally as a kid. Maybe he brought me there not just to help, but to get some exposure to the crazy segment of the homeless community, and see his world (being as a pastor and being heavily involved with the homeless community and mental health issues of church members and their families.

Anyway, at this point, I'm starting to feel like anyone who has one of these people in their families and doesn't ostracize them, who just ignores it and pretends everything is fine, is complicit in all of this. At some point you can't continue to support the villainous dictator hell-bent on the destruction of the country and still hang out with grandkids and come over for Sunday dinner. I THINK my brother is a non-Trump voting Republican, he's never admitted voting for Trump, but if he started supporting him openly and backing this stuff I'd be done with him. I just can't do it anymore.

Last edited by molson : 01-03-2021 at 12:57 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote