View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #304
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are not off to a very good start with recruiting. We aren't losing a ton of targets, but aren't signing many guys either. Has to break soon ...

Here are the newest additions:
FB Lee Satterwhite - #309 recruit, looks like short-yardage back who can catch the football.

QB Nathan Short - #456 recruit, mobile QB who showed big-time return ability in HS.

Week 13 - JACKPOT
RB Nicholas Morris gives us a 1/2 punch at HB. His scouting report says that he does it all - inside, outside, receiving, blocking. 1,854 yards and 19 TDs back it up. #16 in the nation. We finally pulled a guy out of Arizona. 4.4 speed a 40" vertical. With grades (3.1) and durability (72). I'm very pleased.

CB Curry Thompson - this wasn't a need position, but he wanted to be here and I'm not usually about turning away the #18 recruit in the land when his GPA is passable (2.4). Great coverage and tackling skills.

WR Kato Thelwell - A burner (4.29) with good hands. 300 pound bench for a rail-thin guy (6-4, 176). Hope we have enough playing time to keep our two new wideouts happy. #33 overall.

CB Patrick Harrison - We really did not need two CBs with a trio of juniors already on the team. #47 overall, Patrick is another good coverage guy who may need to be willing to redshirt for a year.

WR Derrick Palmer - #79 recruit, looks like another guy who may end up transferring if he isn't willing to wait for playing time. The other two guys are better on paper than him but he wants to play at UCLA. He had 13 TDs last year and another 4 punt returns.

ILB Lee Brown - guy with suspect grades (1.9) somehow got past my watch. Need position, we may have reached with the #234 prospect given his academic situation.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote