View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #263
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Aren't we all (except the wolves) technically villagers? That's what I mean here, usually there aren't PM rights for people beyond the wolves unless there's lover roles or multiple wolf teams like we've seen in some games. If we've got some standard villager roles getting to be on a team and getting to PM, that seems to me to be a bonus for our overall win conditions. Can't speak to the random individual win conditions but also don't care about those in the grand scheme of things

I don't see the harm in that being "pondered out loud", nor I guess is it super relevant at this point how many wolves there are, especially since we don't know whether conversions are a possibility, though there's so much unknown that I'd expect it is under certain conditions

Let's follow that pondered out loud to its logical conclusion.

It is possible we could have lovers here? Sure! But what roles? This is a flavor-first game, right? It's not like Dallas and Bud are getting a little kinky behind the scenes, because they are from different shows. In fact, I don't know that any of these characters are from the same show either. And how could you plan to have lovers for the village if people that are lovers could be drafted by the wolves? That makes no sense. So the only way a lovers-esque role that would work for the village is a post-draft one that connected someone. But who would that make sense for? Jeffrey Murdock's "loyalty?" I feel like that 's a reach. At best, I think any musings on villagers with PMs is just chipping at a wall made of adamantium with a toothbrush, barring some sort of something that we see to suggest it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote