View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #105
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My knees are starting to think this is something other than The Happiest Place on Earth. The rest of me is okay with that description. Osborne Family Christmas lights are spectacular. Crowds are summer-like at this point, lines are some of the worst I've ever seen (and this is my 18th visit), cast members say they've been surprised at the amount of bump they're seeing compared to what was expected in the run up to the holidays.

The changes (vs nearly 5 years ago) aren't as dramatic as I expected, more visual (Fantasyland revamp is pretty huge) than functional/practical as far as the experience. I'm not thrilled with the reduction in smoking areas, that's mostly because of some of the location choices they made rather than the actual change in number of areas though. (killed two of my most frequent go-to spots)

I can't emphasize enough just how much of a game-changing experience getting free dining is, that's been incredible (we around the $500 mark in savings already & we're a little past halfway). Food cost is up sharply since the last visit, easily the biggest difference I've seen.