View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #135
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

We were given a ticket that, when shown to the host for each ride, got us in the fast pass line. For every single ride. Almost every ride for two days at every park had a wait of 60-90 minutes, but our son was able to ride everything. I felt a little guilty, but at the end of the day it was a nice little bit of recognition for him and he felt like a rock star. For a kid who was dealt such a shitty hand in this life, it was nice for him to be able to be king for two days. We weren't huge Disney fans before that, but they completely exceeded our expectations and have found fans for life after this experience. There was never any attitude or sidelong glances or anything from any of the cast members and there absolutely could have been with six of us hitting the fastpass line every time.

We do this for my son who is on the autistic spectrum. Like you, I felt guilty about this, but my wife convinced me there was no shame in having Disney create an environment where you can actually enjoy yourself. Otherwise the trips would be absolutely miserable. Disney is awesome at this.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote