View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #17
Suicane75
Coordinator

Man, I couldn't function in todays world. I mean, I can't anyway, but if I was a kid.

I remember my little league team, we had a girl, and she was horrible, but she played a lot and nobody gave a shit. One time I had our first basemens mom come to me and ask me if I could throw the ball a little softer to him (I was playing second for some reason that I don't remember, I was normally a 3rd basemen so I guess I was still firing it, even though I didn't really need to.) I didn't take offense. My first two years we had a 1st basemen who was a frigging giant but couldn't make contact to save his life, I think we nicknamed him Kingman. If I saw him bat 100 times I think he struck out 90 times but those other 10 times when he would actually make contact were spectacular.

I've seen so many girls who play travelling softball, eat, breathe and sleep the game for a few years, parents who spend hundreds of dollars on bats and gloves and take time off of work to travel, almost to a tee, burn out of the thing completely. I guess I'm just grumpy old man but it just doesn't seem like a lot of fun.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote