View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #30
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I referee youth soccer and last night during an indoor soccer game, I had a coach who apparently had two 11-12 year old players on a 8-9 year old girls division.

Long story short, the coach from the other team made a protest after the game and sure enough she had illegal players on her team. This is a RECREATIONAL league!

It gets even better, after the game out in the parking lot, a parent from the team that played her team starts yelling at her about her older players and she pushes the guy which starts a free for all. By the time the cops arrived, most of the people had dispersed but they had it all on camera.

All of this transpires on a 3rd grade girls soccer game.. sheesh!

I had a parent tell me something about 20 years ago when I first started coaching youth sports. As long as there is someone keeping score, there is no such thing as recreational league sports.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote