View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #46
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Parents need to start pulling their kids off teams with coaches who cannot control themselves.

I was reffing an indoor game last night and team "B" had two coaches constantly yelling at their kids and as well as yelling at every single call and non-call I made.

One of their players who I warned at the beginning of the game when he came in hard on a player from team "A" comes in hard again and was going to get a 2:00 minute blue card. Player from team "A" retaliates and a fight starts. Coaches come out and break it up and I give both players a red card and dismiss them from the game.

The whole time, the two coaches from team "B" are screaming this and that and then the assistant coach starts cussing at me so I dismiss him. On his way out, he slams the bench door hard enough to break it off its hinges and continues to cuss and bait me into a fight.

I just stand there and watch him leave and basically say very calmly.. you're on video so I would just stop and leave. He finally leaves and we resume play.

The rest of the game was fine with no incidents but the game was never out of control, it was two coaches who their kids were feeding on their behavior and I just hope some of their parents think to themselves.. do I want my kid playing for these two coaches?

I told both coaches after the game, I'm going to miss calls and you're not going to agree with everything I call or don't call, but if you're calm and speak to me at halftime, I will listen and explain to you what I'm seeing or not seeing. Indoor soccer is totally different than outdoor soccer, not only is there only 1 referee, but the boards are used as a weapon for many kids because they can check a kid into them causing injury. I call everything against the boards. All I can do is make calls, it's up to YOU as the coach to ensure your kids are playing the right way. They tend not to listen to me, but they will listen to YOU the coach or you bench them. You should never say "good job" when a kid slams into a kid along the boards.

There is no doubt the kid from team "B" came in like that because his coach told him to go in hard as they were losing.

Good thing is, where I referee they have video cameras so there really isn't much of a dispute as it's all told right there on video.

That particular coach should get an 8 game suspension and I will do my best to see they follow through with it.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-24-2018 at 09:33 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote