View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #12521
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I have selective eating disorder. I've had it since I was five. I've just gotten off my chest on facebook and feel like keeping some momentum going with it.

I'm tired of telling people I'm allergic to this, or I'm a vegetarian or whatever else excuse I can come up with. This has hurt me throughout life. Even with counseling and therapy. It's hurt me with friends. I'm 30 and have never ordered anything in a restaurant. In relationships, I've been dumped because I couldn't take a girl out to dinner (I guess that's somewhat shallow on her end). It's hurt me in work situations such as company parties (not going out to dinners, etc).

It is something I've learned to deal with on my own. I've got a very narrow and selective amount of things I will eat, but I've been very hesitant to ever come out about it. It's freakish and isn't the typical "eating disorder" that any of us ever picture. I was 27 before I tried pizza, or cucumbers. Seriously. I didn't like pizza, but that's okay.

But really, I just wanted to get this off my chest and this was an appropriate place in this forum.

Thanks for reading, if you did.

Is it a thing where you don't like a lot of foods or is it a psychological thing where you don't want to try a lot of foods?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote