View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 10:58 AM   #170
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

HALLELUJIAH! Ken Wickes, you have 15 minutes to clean out your desk...

I've been bitching about my idiotic head coach for a couple of seasons now, but my owners have been stingy with staff payroll owing to our unprofitable situation. That situation has now changed nicely with last year's completion of our new stadium, and our profitability has translated into a drastically improved salary allotment for staff.

That infusion of cash allowed me to fulfill my dream of kicking Ken Wickes and his questionable playcalling abilities right out the door, and to grab the best head coach I could find. Some might question the wisdom behind ejecting the leader amongst active head coaches in career winning percentage (.676), but I think he benefitted more from our team's talent and excellent personnel abilities (read: my awesomeness) more than he helped the team to win. So he's gone.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored to introduce the third(-ish?) head coach in the history of the Tucson Toros, Ryan Bolden:

Head Coach: Ryan Bolden
Contract Terms: 5 years, $6.69 million per
Years experience: 6
Record: 39-57-2
Playoff appearances: 2
Bowl wins: 0
Motivation: Good
Discipline: Good
Offensive Playcalling: Very Good
Defensive Playcalling: Excellent
Injury Avoidance: Very Good

Bolden represents an improvement over Wickes in both playcalling departments (Wickes was just Good in those) and in Injury Avoidance (Wickes was just Good there as well). Bolden is slightly worse than Wickes in terms of motivation and discipline (Wickes was Very Good in both), but I'm happy with that tradeoff.

Our staff is now set. Everyone is under contract for at least two more years, which makes me very happy.

Next up: free agency.

Last edited by Fonzie : 03-31-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote