View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #177
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

The Secondary:

Code:
Player # Pos Exp Cur/Fut/Yrs Biggs, Keven 40 LCB 10 66/73/2 yrs Rosenberry, Jeremy 37 LCB 10 46/53/2 yrs Bennett, Kyle 45 LCB 2 15/45/1 yr. Minahan, Ray 25 RCB 6 57/57/2 yrs McCloskey, Cornell 29 RCB 4 27/34/--- Enoch, Mitchel 31 SS 10 76/83/3 yrs Bloch, Johnathan 46 FS 10 32/40/2 yrs Hartung, Kenneth 32 FS 10 54/54/1 yr. Mirer, Mike 33 FS 2 34/66/3 yrs

Biggs and Rosenberry are our starters, and Biggs is clearly our best cover guy. His 21.9 PDPct was tops on the team, but he missed four games due to injury. His fellow starter Rosenberry also missed 3 games and had one of his worst seasons (19.7 PDPct). Due to those injuries our nickel back Ray Minahan was forced to start 9 games, and he played pretty well (20 PDPct, 2 INTs). Ray is also our positional leader, and several guys like him. Kyle Bennet is an undrafted FA from last year who is a long-term project. The only guy not under contract is former 7th round pick Cornell McCloskey. He's servicable, but will likely never be more than a dime back, at best. I'm not sure if we'll try to bring him back or not. I'll need to think on that.

Mitchel Enoch had another solid year for us at SS, registering 100 total tackles and a PDPct of 20.6. He's been very healthy over the last 3 years, and we'll need him to retain both his health and his steady play to keep our secondary performing well. Last year's FS was Kenneth Hartung, who missed 5 games with injury and underperformed in his 11 starts (0 INTs, 19.3 PDPct). He'll be competing with last year's 1st round pick Mike Mirer for the FS position this year. Bloch is a veteran affinity guy who can fill-in adequately, although I certainly wouldn't want to rely upon him for an entire year.

In sum, our secondary is largely set. I need to make one minor decision regarding an RFA, but otherwise our key guys are back and under contract. If we can bring in some help at corner we will, but I don't see that as a big need area.

Well, there you have it! Our roster looks pretty good overall. I don't think we really need to do much but add some peripheral players via free agency and the draft. I anticipate that we'll be able to reload without too much difficulty and be ready to make another run next year.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote