View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #61
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yesterday I had business in Stillwater, OK on the campus of Oklahoma State University. I wedged a few minutes for some geocaching on the way in and on the campus.

I stopped at rest area just before the turn off to Stillwater and found a simple geocache in a tree. Continued on and stopped at a park in town where there were two caches. Only found one of those two, though. Once I arrived on campus, I found a cache hidden in the patron parking sign for the famous Eskimo Joe's restaurant.

After I completed my business on campus, I had a few minutes and walked over to find two more caches. In the last one I had time for, which was hidden under a staircase, I found my first real geocoin. So along with my 5 new finds, which brings me to a total of 167 finds, I finally found a geocoin. I have to say, it is way cooler than I thought it would be. I only get to take a picture of it, though. It is wrong to keep them. Their goal is to travel. I will be placing it in a cache in northwest Arkansas this Saturday. Apparently this coin started out its life in Denver and has moved through Colorado Springs, near Wichita, Kansas, and now down to Stillwater, Oklahoma. I'm happy to have moved it 150 miles or so further on its journey.

Quick pictures that didn't turn out very good. I will probably try again later.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote