View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #464
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Loyola has a talented team with an overall rating only 1 point lower at 83.

About 4 minutes into the game, Hannan hurts his ankle

By the 12 minute mark, Hannan is cleared to return, it's just a sprain (worried cause I turned injury severity.)

Graves has been dominant with Hannan out and has really set up Collins for some nice open jump shots which he has nailed.

We are up 19-11 with 10 minutes to go as I go to my bench with Hannan at SF.

Up 36-27 when we bring our starters back with 3:30 to go.

A strong finish. We are up 45-32 at the half. Great shooting this half for us as everyone was hitting shots.

Collins is the player of the half with 13 points and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 6, 1 of 2, and 4 of 4 in the first half. I've been playing him at backup SG all year, but his speed at SF is a real matchup issue for the opposition.

We did have a big lead, but they are on a 12-0 run and have pulled within 3. 55-52, we lead as we go to our bench with 11:43 to go. Hannan did well with the starters even with his bad ankle.

I'm playing Collins as backup SF since he did so well there with the starters. Bowers will slide to PF.

Up 71-64 with 4 minutes left, we bring back our starters. Collins was very good in that stretch as was most of our bench players.

I ask our guys to play close shut down defense, and Waters quickly picks up a 4th foul.

They are shutting us down and getting fastbreak baskets.. they tie it at 71 with 2 minutes to go.

20 seconds later, they steal a Waters pass and make it 73-71 on the fastbreak layup.

Simon responds with a strong post move which he dunks it and gets the foul! Even though he is a poor FT shooter, he hits the foul (I have Real FT% on.)

They miss a 3, but get the offensive board... good defense makes them work the clock.. they shoot.. Simon intimidates them.. a miss! Graves gets the board.

We work the clock down to 5 seconds and then Graves drives, but his shot is blocked!

18 seconds left.. good defense by our guys.. Graves doesn't get the block but he was right in their star SG's face when he shoots.. a miss! Cornette with the rebound. They immediately foul. 4 seconds left. We are still up 74-73. He makes both FT's! 76-73.

Cornette blocks the desperation 3 attempt! We win 76-73.

Collins is the player of the game, but Cornette was the player of the last 2 minutes. Collins with 19 points and 3 assists. He shot 6 of 10, 1 of 2, and 6 of 7.

Waters with 2 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 1 of 3.

Graes with 11 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 4 of 14.

Hannan with 9 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 3 of 11.

Cornette with 6 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 2 of 2 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Simon with 11 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and a block.

Clifford had 6 points and 10 boards off the bench. Bowers with 6 points and 5 boards.

Our next game is at home against Fairfield. They are 10-5 and have an overall rting of 81. Their strenght is their frontcourt and rebounding.

Update on player progress since the start of the season (team overall is now an 85):

Chen Li has gained 2 points of overall and is now becoming a credible 3 point shooter. He is now rated 69.

Bowers has gained 2 points of overall and is now a 71. His 3 point shooting is up to 79 which is highest on the team.

The following have all gained 1 point of overall: Graves (81), Cornette (78), Hannan (77), Waters (76), Simon (75), Ortiz (74), Willis (72), Bitee (71), Clifford (71), and Vitor Ziri (69).

Hannan should be 100% in 3 days, but we play Fairfield in 2 days. He'll still start, but if he is struggling we'll go to Collins early.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote