View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #474
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After a long hiatus, I'm back to playing this game. Unfortunately, I didn't take good notes as I wanted to be sure that it would stick before starting to write again. I'm using a new slider set that lowers help defense and help recovery which generates more of an open floor for slashers, and I'm loving the game again. Therefore, I'm back to writing. During the past few weeks, I finished up last season which will just get a brief synopsis now:

We finished the regular season 25-5 and lost in the Conference Final Game to Siena. This new slider set has made the CPU much more dangerous offensively, and they hammered us down low to the tune of 40 plus points from their PF and C. We got an 11 seed in the Tourney, but Oregon blew us out 85-61. They were much better rated (95 to our 85) and I had fun trying to hang with them.

Graves was on the conference first team, but is not expected to be drafted - not surprisingly. Neither is the massive DeShaun Simon despite his dominating rebounding performances. We also lost backup guard/small forwards Collins and Ortiz to graduation.

The recruiting is what got my excited about writing in this dynasty again. I stayed at Niagara when Florida State and every big school passed me over, but my continued development as a coach helped us land an unexpected potential star player:

PG Israel Simmons is a 6'1 170 pound PG from New York City. He is the 37th player overall in his senior class. He is a 4 star player. He is rated A- or better in his overall shooting rating, his skill level (ball handling/passing), defense, athleticism, and potential. I'll have to see how good he looks when he actually gets on the court, but I expect he'll unseat Gus Waters (who played very well down the stretch) as the starter.

The other recruits to replace our 4 graduating players:

Tamal Gill is a 6'5 189 pound SG who is from Gary, IN. He is rated 260th overall and is a 3 star player. He is rated A- in athleticism and B or B+ in Shot, skill, defense, and potential.

Raul Lisinic is a 6'6 205 pound SF from Memphis, TN. He is rated 388th overall. He is a 3 star player. He is a poor defensive player, but is rated at a B in shooting, athleticism, rebounding, and potential.

We lost out on our top 2 choices at center and settled for Gary Outlaw, a JC Freshman. He is 6'10 210. We don't know a lot about him yet except he is supposed to be a good shot blocker.

Overall, our class is ranked 38th in the nation, which I believe is my best mark yet.

Now, onto an overview of the team roster...
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote