View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #55
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

June 4, 2020

New chairman Chris May brings serious cash over to Dover. With the £15 million cash infusion, we now have a bank balance in excess of £26 million and our estimated value has skyrocketed to £48,000,000, which takes us into the top 100 in the world, sitting at 74th. Along with Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, we are now considered "Rich"

My god…I've got a sugar daddy!

At least for now. No sign of Lee Clark…not yet anyway!

Contract Extension

U18 graduate Dennis Kunz signs a three year deal to stay at Dover. I'll most likely loan him out this year and hope to develop him enough to sell him.

International Round-Up

Two of my fine young players, DL Renato Gaucho and MC Frantisek Kroulik perform well in their U21 international matches.

In other matches, Oliver Nicholas captains Eritrea to a World Cup qualifying win over Uganda while Zoltan Bardi plays well for Hungary in a 3-1 win over Azerbaijan.

Transfer Window Opens

On June 9th, the transfer window opens but the embargo remains at Dover while my future is decided.

That said, I made a few moves well in advance of the embargo and one of those players arrives at Dover as the window opens.

New Signing

Welcome 18 year old Italian striker Carlo Cerbone to Dover!

The 6' 2" 182 pound forward is very raw and will play for our U18 team this year in hopes of developing his skills. We scoop him up for £35,000 from Lecce in Serie C1/B. Cerbone tells journalists that this is the best day of his life and that he plans on making himself a firm favourite with our supporters.

I like his spirit already!

Transfer Out

In another pre-arranged move, striker Simon Rideout leaves Dover for Blackburn in a free transfer. Rideout originally came to us on loan from Leicester in 2015 before we'd eventually buy him for £75,000 in 2017. In all, he played 51 league games for Dover over three seasons, scoring 15 goals and adding 11 assists.

-- In other news, reports out of Fulham state they are set to make our striker Gerardo Escobar their main transfer target.

Good luck with that boys…

Meeting with New Chairman Chris May - "D-DAY"

I'm asked to report to new chairman Chris May's office this morning.

He informs me that I will be allowed to stay on as manager of Dover!

WHEW!

He tells me he was impressed by the support shown for my management at the club and was persuaded to let me remain in charge.

Our transfer embargo is lifted and I'm now free to start making moves! I'll have to wait until we have a transfer budget before I make major moves but I can at least look into some expiring contracts to see if there are any Bosman transfer possibilities.

Youth and Training Facilities Upgrade

This guy means business! Construction work begins immediately on an upgrade of our training and youth facilities. The construction project will cost approximately £1.3 million and only take a short time to complete.

This has been a GOOD day!

Last edited by NoSkillz : 05-14-2014 at 03:43 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote